Community Message from 8/26 - Folder Pickup and Tech Updates
Town Hall Meeting
Please join us for a Town Hall meeting on Friday, August 28th at 1pm. Here is the link to join our session: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/407134d70d88415ca2e1aefa387601b3
Our agenda is as follows:
- Principal Selection Process - Mr. Sal Rivera
- Important Upcoming Dates (Meet & Greet, Open House, Back-to-School Night) - Ms. Amy Briggs
- Technology Support and Approved Digital Resources - Mr. Bill Mosher
- Reading/Writing Workshop in the Virtual Classroom - Mrs. Janis Lefcourt
- Helpful library resources available - Mrs. Lindsey DeVylder, Ms. Kate Ciullo
- Question & Answers
Student Materials Pick-Up Next Monday and Tuesday
We will be distributing Yearbooks/Back to School folders and other pertinent information on Monday, August 31 for Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade, and on Tuesday, September 1st for 4th, 5th and 6th grade at Spring Hill Elementary school.
Please be sure to attach a letter size (8.5x11”) paper with your child’s Name and Grade level to the passenger side window to make it easy for us to identify your child. Upon arrival please proceed to Kiss n Ride. When you pull up to our staff, please pop your trunk and we will place your bag in there for you.
Please see the schedule below:
Monday, August 31
Kindergarten: 8:30AM – 9:15AM
1st GRADE: 9:30AM – 10:30AM
2nd GRADE: 10:45AM- 11:45AM .
3rd GRADE: 12 NOON-1.00PM
Tuesday, September 1
4TH GRADE: 8:30AM – 9:30AM
5th GRADE: 9:45AM – 11:00AM
6th GRADE: 11:15AM – 12:30PM
We look forward to seeing you then!
The following information is also included as an announcement on our Spring Hill ES website: https://springhilles.fcps.edu/announcements/technology-support-families
SHES Technology Orientation for Parents
Please join us on Wednesday, September 2 at 6:00pm for a Technology Orientation for families. You can use the following link to join our session: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/f3b5a14a79404934a6c2ddc82548360b
General Navigation Questions - Blackboard 24-7, G Suite, BBCU
Self Service - The following site has a wealth of information about our most commonly used digital resources: Technology Support for Families. We also have a 2-page tip sheet available to download or print.
Personalized Support - If the information above does not answer your question, we have several additional methods for you to get help.
- The first level of support would be your child's homeroom teacher. They can assist you with information about how to log into and navigate our digital tools, access class content and assignments, and reset forgotten student passwords.
- Call the Parent Technology Help Desk at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS). This will be answered by FCPS staff members between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week.
- Submit a "Help Request Ticket" using the online form. This request will be routed to the IT or Spring Hill staff member that will be most able to assist you. IT Support Portal
Student passwords from last year will continue to work to access FCPS resources and will NOT expire this year. They will only need to be reset if forgotten.
Parents are encouraged to setup an account recovery e-mail and/or phone number at the following site in order to be able to assist their child with managing their accounts as needed. Account Recovery Site
Please note that if you are using an FCPS-issued laptop and you change your password, you must log into the device while connected to the FCPS Wi-Fi network in order for the new password to take effect. This can be done from the bus lane or outside of a school entrance - anywhere that the laptop can connect to the FCPS Wi-Fi network.
Students will log into most of their online resources in one of two ways.
- FCPS Network ID and Password - The student's username is their 7-digit student ID#. Each child has their own individual network password.
- G Suite - Some of our resources are accessed through students' G Suite (Google) accounts. When signing into Google, the student's username is their 7-digit FCPS student ID# followed by "@fcpsschools.net" and uses the same network password as mentioned above.
Some of our county resources have a generic login to access that is the same for all students. These specific resources are listed, along with their login information, in the second announcement posted in our Spring Hill Panther Portal within Blackboard 24-7. The Panther Portal will be available to students and families by the first day of school.
Technology Permissions and Approved Digital Tools
The county thoroughly examines any student-facing online program before approving them for use in our schools. Several of the technology resources used at Spring Hill also require parent permission before being used with students. Please be sure to complete the technology permission form so that your child can access these additional resources. Additional information about this form will be provided in a separate e-mail communication later this week.
- List of all FCPS Approved Digital Learning Tools
- List of Spring Hill digital tools requiring Parent Consent
- Application Permission Form - Please fill this out ASAP
Parent SIS Accounts and Blackboard ParentVue
Parents can access information about their child(ren) including report cards, standardized test scores, and school information through their Parent SIS accounts. Parent SIS accounts also allow access for parents to view their children's Blackboard 24-7 courses where teachers can post class information and links to their Google Classrooms (if applicable).
Families who have never accessed their Parent SIS accounts before will need an activation code to set up their accounts. These activation codes were mailed on August 22 to families who recently registered their child(ren) in FCPS. Another round of mailings will take place on September 19 for families who registered between August 22 and September 19.
SIS Parent Account Registration - Use this site to activate your account or request a new activation code
SIS Overview - Use this link to log into your SIS account or view other information about SIS. This link is available by clicking on the word "SIS" from the top banner of every FCPS public website.