Technology Support for Families
SHES Technology Orientation for Parents
Thank you to everyone who joined us on Wednesday, September 2 for our Technology Orientation for Families. You can view the slides and the recording from the session below.
Recording Link (recording begins about 5 minutes into the session)
General Navigation Questions - Blackboard 24-7, G Suite, BBCU
Self Service - The following site has a wealth of information about our most commonly used digital resources: Technology Support for Families. We also have a 2-page tip sheet available to download or print.
Personalized Support - If the information above does not answer your question, we have several additional methods for you to get help.
- The first level of support would be your child's homeroom teacher. They can assist you with information about how to log into and navigate our digital tools, access class content and assignments, and reset forgotten student passwords.
- Call the Parent Technology Help Desk at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS). This will be answered by FCPS staff members between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week.
- Submit a "Help Request Ticket" using the online form. This request will be routed to the IT or Spring Hill staff member that will be most able to assist you. IT Support Portal
Student passwords will NOT expire this year and will only need to be reset if forgotten.
Parents are encouraged to setup an account recovery e-mail and/or phone number at the following site in order to be able to assist their child with managing their accounts as needed. Account Recovery Site
Please note that if you are using an FCPS-issued laptop and you change your password, you must log into the device while connected to the FCPS Wi-Fi network in order for the new password to take effect. This can be done from the bus lane or outside of a school entrance - anywhere that the laptop can connect to the FCPS Wi-Fi network.
Students will log into most of their online resources in one of two ways.
- FCPS Network ID and Password - The student's username is their 7-digit student ID#. Each child has their own individual network password.
- G Suite - Some of our resources are accessed through students' G Suite (Google) accounts. When signing into Google, the student's username is their 7-digit FCPS student ID# followed by "@fcpsschools.net" and uses the same network password as mentioned above.
Some of our county resources have a generic login to access that is the same for all students. These specific resources are listed, along with their login information, in the second announcement posted in our Spring Hill Panther Portal within Blackboard 24-7.
Technology Permissions and Approved Digital Tools
The county thoroughly examines any student-facing online program before approving them for use in our schools. Several of the technology resources used at Spring Hill also require parent permission before being used with students. Please be sure to complete the technology permission form so that your child can access these additional resources.
- List of all FCPS Approved Digital Learning Tools
- List of Spring Hill digital tools requiring Parent Consent
- Application Permission Form - Please fill this out ASAP
Parent SIS Accounts and Blackboard ParentVue
Parents can access information about their child(ren) including report cards, standardized test scores, and school information through their Parent SIS accounts. Parent SIS accounts also allow access for parents to view their children's Blackboard 24-7 courses where teachers can post class information and links to their Google Classrooms (if applicable).
Families who have never accessed their Parent SIS accounts before will need an activation code to set up their accounts. These activation codes were mailed on August 22 to families who recently registered their child(ren) in FCPS. Another round of mailings will take place on September 19 for families who registered between August 22 and September 19.
SIS Parent Account Registration - Use this site to activate your account or request a new activation code
SIS Overview - Use this link to log into your SIS account or view other information about SIS. This link is available by clicking on the word "SIS" from the top banner of every FCPS public website.