Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.A Note from Principal Eck
Dear Spring Hill Families,
I hope this newsletter finds you safe and well. We are in the process of finalizing the master schedule, attending and creating professional development for our staff, and working through all of the traditional back to school related logistics. Detailed information regarding first week logistics, classroom assignments and more will be sent in early August.
Our office is open from 8:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. to accommodate new registrations. If you need to stop by school for any reason, please continue to call to make an appointment so that we can assure that appropriate staff is ready to support your needs.
Below are some of the plans for reopening and dates you can mark on your calendar.
____________________________________________________________Join other rising Kindergarten and first grade students and their families on the Spring Hill primary playground to the right of the school on the respective below dates. ⭐Kindergarten Playdate⭐
Tuesday, August 10 from 5:00 - 6:30 PM⭐First Grade Playdate⭐
Wednesday, August 11th from 5:00 - 6:30 PM
____________________________________________________________⭐New Family Orientation⭐
Wednesday, August 18 - 6:00 PM and 7 PM⭐SHES Open House⭐
Thursday, August 19 - Open House - 9:00 - 11:00 AM⭐First Day of School⭐
Monday, August 23 - 8:50 AM - 3:35 PM⭐Back to School Night⭐
Tuesday, September 14th, 6:00 PM & 7:00 PM
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to me at email@example.com.FCPS Ridership Survey
The Office of Transportation Services (OTS) sent a student ridership survey for all eligible riders. It is important that parents respond to the survey by August 4, 2021 and submit a separate survey for each of their children enrolled in FCPS.
During the school year, changes to the intent form can be made by contacting Mrs. Asma Sarwary, Spring Hill registrar, at 703-506-3400, if the need for transportation changes or the survey is not returned by August 4, 2021. It may take up to five days to update transportation schedules.
All parents/guardians should review their Parent Vue account for updated bus route assignment information after August 10, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact our school's transportation office, at Area 4 Transportation, 703-429-7100.Schoology
We are excited for Schoology, FCPS' new learning management system. Schoology (pronounced /SKOO-luh-jee/) is a learning space that enhances communication, collaboration, and personalized learning for students, teachers, and families. We are excited to work with you this fall as we use this system to support our students!
Here is what you need to know now:
- We will not use Blackboard 24-7 Learning or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (BBCU)
- Schoology has a connected web conferencing tool, Zoom
- Schoology works with Google Drive
- You will need a SIS/ParentVUE account to login to Schoology:
- If you are a family new to Spring Hill, you will receive activation information between August 11th and August 13th.
- Parent accounts will be available mid-August and more information about how to login to parent accounts will be shared with you closer to the start of the school year
- Students can log in using their FCPS student ID and password. Look for the FCPS logo to make sure you are on the correct login page
- Students new to FCPS will receive this information at the beginning of the year
- Students will not see any classes until the grading period starts
- As a parent or guardian, you will be able to use Schoology to view:
- Your child’s class
- Your child’s assignments and participation
- Your child’s calendar
- Teacher comments, scores, and feedback
We look forward to using Schoology along with your SIS/ParentVue account to strengthen our partnerships throughout the school year. In the next few weeks we will share how to login to Schoology. In the meantime, you are welcome to learn more about this learning management system by visiting: https://www.fcps.edu/schoologyNew Family Orientation August 18th
Welcome to Spring Hill School! We are excited to have your family join our community. We will host a brief orientation and tour for all of our new families, including our students.
- If your last name begins with A-K please join us at 6pm.
- If your last name begins with L-Z please join us at 7pm.
FCPS and Spring Hill are excited to welcome students and staff back in-person 5 days a week for the 2021-2022 school year.
- FCPS shared information earlier this week that all staff and students will wear masks at all times indoors and on school buses in the fall. Masks will not be required when eating or when outside during recess, PE, or other activities. Universal masking is a critical safety mitigation factor in ensuring all students can return to our buildings, especially when social distancing is not possible and not all our students are eligible for vaccinations.
- Spring Hill Bell Schedule: 8:50 a.m. -3:35 p.m. Monday-Friday
Breakfast and lunch are available each day and the menu will be available at FCPS Nutrislice- Spring HillKindergarten and New Student Registration
Children who are five by September 30, 2021 and eligible should register here: https://springhilles.fcps.edu/new-student-registration-2020-21
Visit the Kindergarten Registration page on the FCPS Kindergarten Registration website for required registration packets.Important Dates
August 10 - Kindergarten Playdate
August 11 - First Grade Playdate
August 18 - New Families to Spring Hill Orientation
August 19 - Open House
August 23 - First Day of School
September 3 - 6 - Labor Day Break - Student Holiday
September 14 - Back to School Night (6 PM and 7 PM)