Middle School (&Beyond) Information
6th grade students will attend either Longfellow MS or Cooper MS upon graduation from Spring Hill. Additional information about the transition, including curricular presentations, registration info, important dates, MS preparation, electives, etc. can be found below and/or on each of the the Middle Schools' web sites.
Please see below for some important dates for rising 7th graders that will begin at LMS for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Curriculum Night at LMS (see flyer below) - Thursday, Feb. 6, 2020 (Snow date – Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020)
- LMS Counselor visits SHES to speak about transition and electives - Date TBD
- Course and Electives Form due to LMS - Friday, March 6, 2020
- Field Trip to LMS - Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Additional resources and information are provided below and will be added to this site as they become available.
- Curriculum Night Flyer - Additional information regarding the 2/6/20 Curriculum Night
- Longfellow MS Academic Advising Site - Online Video Instructions and Additional Registration Resources
Please see below for some important dates for rising 7th graders that will begin at CMS for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Curriculum Presentation at CMS for Parents (morning session) - Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 9:30am
- Curriculum Presentation at CMS for Parents (evening session) - Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 6:30pm
- CMS Counselor visits SHES to speak to students about transition and electives - Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 10:00am
- Rising 7th Graders Electives Fair - Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 6:30pm
- Course Request Forms due - Monday, February 3, 2020
Cooper registration has two parts. First, students will complete a paper copy of their registration with their parents. This is available on their website. Cooper will provide directions to the students. The paper copy is due to the main office by 2/3. Electronic registration is due by 2/7. Please try to attend the workshops offered at Cooper to assist in your elective choices and registration.
- Cooper Middle School Rising 7th Grade Transition Activities
- Cooper MS Academic Advising Site - Additional Registration Resources
College and Career Resources
The website below contains resources for college and career readiness for students in elementary, middle, and high school. This resource was created for the Langley HS pyramid, but contains information that would be useful for all families.